We offer matt, eggshell, soft sheen and silk finishes in any shade you want thanks to our paint mixing service. Just find the paint you are looking for that has the 'tinted colour' label, visit the product page and tell us what shade you would like. You can do this by either by selecting a shade from our RAL & British Standard colour charts or by typing the name of the shade in the text box. We will do the rest!
All major trade brands that we stock are available to be tinted and are available in all finishes! Need advice on which finish is right for you? Why not read our ultimate guide to the various paint finishes and when to use them.
Shop our full interior wall & ceiling paint range and get FREE next working day delivery on all orders over £50.
What Is Interior Wall & Ceiling Paint?
We are often asked what exactly is paint for interior walls & ceilings, and how does it differ to other paints? These paints are as the name would suggests, designed for use on interior walls & ceilings, however what is less obvious is what is the difference between these emulsions.
Interior wall & ceiling paint comes in a number of finishes that differ in levels of sheen, from matt paint that offers a completely flat, non reflective finish, to eggshell, soft sheen and silk, that offer more sheen. The general rule is the more sheen, the more durability an emulsion has. This means that matt emulsions have the least amount of durability, which is standard vinyl matt emulsions are best for low-traffic rooms as these areas do not get marked or scuffed very often. For high-traffic rooms or rooms that are prone to condensation such as bathrooms and kitchens, durable matt emulsions were developed such as Crown Trade Clean Extreme Scrubbable Matt & Dulux Trade Diamond Matt that offer added durability and can be scrubbed if required without damaging the paint. For a mid-sheen finish, there are a number of soft-sheen and silk emulsions that are also available.
Here is a full breakdown of interior wall & ceiling paint:
• Vinyl Matt - these are the most popular emulsions for interior walls & ceilings as they provide a modern, flat finish. Suitable for low-traffic rooms such as living rooms & ceilings in low condensation rooms.
• Durable Matt - these offer a popular matt finish but with added durability, for use in high-traffic rooms such as hallways and in high-condensation rooms such as bathrooms and kitchens.
• Acrylic Eggshell - this is a water-based eggshell emulsion that has slightly more sheen than matt emulsions. These are not to be confused with oil-based eggshell paints that are designed for interior woodwork.
• Diamond Eggshell - provides even more durability than a standard eggshell, meaning it can be repeatedly wiped.
• Soft Sheen - a mid sheen interior emulsion that can be wiped, making it ideal for kitchens and bathrooms if you would like a higher sheen level than diamond matt or eggshell.
• Vinyl Silk - a high sheen finish that can make rooms appear lighter and brighter.
Are you looking to paint your ceilings but don't know what the best paint to use it? Read our full guide to the best ceiling paint. Alternatively, maybe you are suffering from mould problems and need a solution. Here at Painters World we stock a number of anti-condensation paints that are perfect for preventing interior mould.
Sign up now and be the first to know about exclusive offers, product updates, and announcements.